Coachella, the United States most famous music festival, just kicked off its first of two weekend festivals! The three day festival has friends preparing all year round, with tickets selling out just mere minutes after going on sale.
While the weather on weekend one was sub par compared to years passed, that didn’t stop friends from gathering from all over the west coast to come together in the tiny town of Indio, Calfornia. This desert town gets relatively no visitors, with the exception of Coachella and Stagecoach (3 day country music festival).
Surprises this year include:
• Usher showing up to perform at David Guetta’s set at the Sahara tent playing their smash hit, “Without You.”
• David Hasselhoff rocking out to Artic Monkeys – front and center!
• Cole Alexander from Black Lips dropped his pants on stage!
• Macy Gray performed with AWOLNATION on the main stage, and was one of the more talked about sets.
• Grouplove played Whitney’s I Wanna Dance with Somebody.
• Holograms of the late rappers Tupac Shakur and Nate Dogg had fans shocked and excited. All together on stage, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Wiz Khalifa, and 50 Cent, plus the holograms created the most buzzed about performance of the weekend.
• Rihanna came of stage surprising fans during Calvin Harris’ set and sang “We Found Love,” strutting around stage for almost ten minutes!
• Other celeb sightings include: Fergie and Josh Duhamel, Paris Hilton, Katy Perry, Lauren Conrad, and Joshua Jackson.
Coachella, despite the less than perfect weather, was a success! Friends are already planning for next year!